Mail Central located at Hughes-Trigg Student Center
HOW TO ADDRESS A LETTER OR PACKAGE:
3140 Dyer Street
Dallas, TX 75205
Drop off letters and packages at the SMU Mail Center. USPS mail goes out at 4:00pm Monday through Friday. We also offer:
• Certified Mail
• Return Receipt
• International Shipping
UPS & FEDEX
Fed-Ex Daily Pickups
• Ground, Home, & Express
UPS Daily Pickups
• Ground & Express
We also accept local courier delivery
SMU Mail & Copy provides USPS Priority and Express envelopes and boxes.
We have stamps, envelopes and packing material for your shipping needs. We accept major credit cards, cash, and checks.
• Yard Signs
REMINDER: Do NOT send cash, checks, or gift cards via regular USPS mail. Checks, gift cards, and any other valuable items are best sent Priority with a tracking number.
Front Counter: Monday through Friday
8:00am to 4:30pm
Mail Pick-Up: Monday through Friday
8:00am to 6:00pm
11:00am to 2:00pm
Hours: Monday through Friday
8:00am to 5:00pm
Location: Across the hall from Mail Center
HELPFUL TIPS FOR FAMILIES AND STUDENTS
PACKAGE SHIPMENT TO YOUR STUDENT
• Always use the student’s legal full name, contact Mail Central if student uses another name
• Only use 3140 Dyer St. #XXXX Dallas, TX 75205 - DO NOT USE COMMONS ADDRESS.
• Keep tracking numbers when shipping packages.
• Do not mail cash, gift cards, and valuable items through USPS First Class - use Priority with a
tracking number. We will not be responsible for missing mail.
• If sending perishables or flowers, notify your student it’s coming. These items will be classified as a “Care Package”. If they don’t pick up within 2 days - we will dispose of it.
• We sign for UPS, Fed-Ex, & DHL- We do not sign for USPS.
• Students will receive an email as soon as we have scanned in their package. The email will come from SMU Post Office. If you receive an email from any other source, we do not have your package yet.
Please wait at least 1 hour after you receive an email from SMU before coming to pick-up your package.
• Sign in at kiosk next to Bank of America ATM.
• Students must have ID ready before proceeding to pick-up window.
• Wait to be called before approaching pick-up window.
• If checking letter mail only, you do not need to sign in at kiosk or stand in line. Go to the left of the package pick-up window and ring bell for assistance .
• Please be prepared to take all of your packages. If you have heavy or large packages - we can loan a cart. You will need to leave your ID and carts need to be returned ASAP.
• A tracking number is required to help locate missing packages. Remember to keep record of your transactions.
FRONT COUNTER PACKAGE SHIPPING
• We ship UPS, Fed-Ex and USPS. Have your package sealed, labeled and ready to ship before approaching counter. We provide supplies to help with packaging.
• Cover or remove old labels on boxes and packages.
• Front counter closes at 4:30, please plan ahead.
• Email print orders to email@example.com.
• Be sure to allow time to process order.
• Include detailed instructions about order, name, phone number and deadline.
• Twitter: @SMUMailCentral
• Instagram: smu_mail_central