Attend MayTerm 2014 on the Dallas campus and complete one 3 credit-hour course. Classes meet 4 hours per day over 11 class days, between Thursday, May 15 and Friday, May 30. (No weekend classes or on the Memorial Day holiday.)
Catch up, make up, or get ahead by June 1, and free up your summer for work, internship, study abroad, or additonal course work through summer studies
in Dallas or Taos.
How to take advantage of MayTerm
- MayTerm provides a unique opportunity to continue pursuing your academic goals by focusing on a single course in a smaller class setting on the main campus. Any motivated student is eligible to apply.
- In 2014, there are 27 courses, some of which meet SMU General Education Curriculum (GEC) and/or University Curriculum (UC) requirements.
- Students may enroll in only one course during MayTerm. Classes meet Monday-Friday for 4 hours per day; check course syllabus for exact times.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to select your preferred course and up to two alternates. Some courses may be canceled for administrative reasons including but not limited to insufficient enrollment. If you do not have a second or third course option, leave the choices blank on the enrollment form.
- Enrollment is NOT initially available through ACCESS.SMU. Please complete the online registration form as soon as possible and no later than Thursday, April 17, 2014 (before Easter) for best consideration.
- You will be notified of your final course selection by Thursday, April 24, and given course permission to officially enroll through ACCESS.SMU. All enrollment issues MUST be resolved prior to the first day of class, May 15, 2014.