Final enrollment for Jan Term 2015 is now underway. Some courses still have seats available, and SMU students can enroll themselves through my.SMU until 4:00 pm on Friday, January 2.
Payment was due by Friday, December 19, or within 24 hours of enrollment, in order to avoid a late fee. Classes in Plano and Taos begin on Monday, January 5, at 9:00 am, and run through Wednesday, January 14.
If you have already enrolled, but no longer plan to attend Jan Term, please send an email to: email@example.com and include your name, student ID, and course name/number. We will process the necessary paperwork on your behalf, but due to Winter Break, the 'drop' may not be reflected on your account until early January.
Please note that SMU and the Jan Term Office will be closing on Tuesday, December 23, and will reopen on Friday, January 2, 2015.
Jan Term is an intensive, fast-paced mini-term that
offers undergraduate students the opportunity to:
- Complete 3 credit hours in 8 class days
- Choose from 50 courses in Plano, Taos and online
- Enjoy a smaller class size and concentrate on one course
- Accelerate degree completion or stay on track for graduation
- Fulfill university curriculum (UC) or general education (GEC) requirements
- Work towards a second major or minor, or take an elective
- Pay a reduced tuition rate per credit hour (same as summer)
- Do something productive between the fall and spring semesters