- Giddy-Up, a campus security escort service, offers free rides all over campus during regular hours of operation.
- Available Monday–Sunday, 9:00 p.m.–3:00 a.m. (scheduled hours are subject to periodic adjustment).
- For a ride, call 214-768-1111 or flag us down if you see us.
- When not assisting customers, the cart will be deployed on campus to enhance campus security.
(return to top)
- Need to reserve Giddy-Up service for an event or for VIPs? Giddy-Up service may be reserved at an hourly rate with a 24–48 hour advance notice to properly coordinate an agenda.
- Reserved Giddy-Up service is:
- $35.00 per hour per cart (multiple carts subject to availability).
- A 4 hour minimum is required for a reservation.
- Each cart seats up to 6 people maximum (including driver).
- To reserve Giddy-Up for your next event, fill out the Giddy-Up Reservation Form.
- For additional information, please contact the Parking and ID Card Services Office.
(return to top)
Call Cowboy Cab at 214.768.RIDE or 214.768.7433
Thursday, Friday, Saturday 10:30 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- SMU Rides provides free one-way non-stop service to the SMU campus (excludes rides from airports).
- Students must provide SMU ID number when calling and show their SMU ID card when entering cab. (return to top)
BUS ROUTE 521
- Two buses on route until 9am daily. After 9am one bus runs every hour on the 45 minute of the hour.
- On Saturday there is only southbound service route to City Place.
- Visit 521 Information Page for maps and details.
Driver Assistance Program
Call 214.768.3388, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The following services are available to students, faculty/staff and guests at no charge*:
- Gas: We will provide you with a 1 gallon container of gas.
- Tire Inflation: We will provide you with compressed air or tire sealant to inflate your tire but we cannot change flats.
- Locked Out Service: SMU Police Officers will attempt to assist you if you’ve locked your keys in your car.
- Stranded Vehicles: We will help you contact the provider of your choosing to obtain the roadside assistance or tow service you might need. We’ll also escort you to a secure place while you wait for assistance.
When calling for service(s)*, please provide the following information:
- Your name and license plate number.
- Make, model, and color of vehicle.
- Location of vehicle and service required.
While you wait, raise the hood, if possible, and stay inside your locked vehicle until assistance arrives.
Responder will be in a Parking Services golf cart or a SMU police cruiser. You will need to sign a release of liability form and show your driver’s license.
* Driver Assistance Program (DAP) services are available on main and east campuses only. No service to residential or commercial areas. (return to top)
North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has a comprehensive list of bike and pedestrian trails in Dallas. (return to top)
SMU NON-SESSION SERVICE:
Begins Monday, May 20, 2013.
Operates when regular undergraduate classes are not in session: Winter Break, Spring Break, Summer Break, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and Good Friday.