(Tuesday and Thursday evenings, 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.)
Standard Rate: $3,995.
Who Should Attend?
- Aspiring graphic design professionals seeking a strong foundation in the latest Adobe software
- Seasoned graphic design professionals looking to transition from traditional hand-rendering to digital design on the latest Adobe software
- Graphic design or administrative professionals seeking to enhance their design skills and training
Why Choose SMU?
- Convenient evening classes for working professionals
- Up-to-date instruction on the latest tools and techniques
- Instructors who are proven professionals
- Learn new skills utilizing the latest industry techniques and Adobe software.
- Hone your new skill set as you work on assigned design projects between class sessions.
- Create a robust final project to serve as the foundation for your professional graphic design portfolio.
- Build relationships as you learn alongside your peers.
Complete and pass each class below with a score of 70% or better:
- Introduction to Graphic Design (Online)
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Illustrator
- Print Graphics with Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Graphic Design Certificate Capstone (pass with a score of 70% or better).
Introduction to Graphic Design
Print Graphics with Photoshop
Graphic Design Certificate Capstone
Tuition and Fees
- Tuition for the SMU PRO Certificate in Graphic Design is $3,995.
- There is a $50 non-refundable application fee before you submit your completed registration form.
- Textbooks and Adobe Creative Cloud subscription are not included in the cost of the course and can be purchased online or at a bookstore of your choice. You will receive the book list by email before the first class begins.
- SMU faculty, staff, students and alumni save 10%!
- Some students may qualify for veterans’ benefits. For more information, please contact Robert Hurst, SMU Veterans Assistance and Outreach Coordinator, at 214-768-1104.
- Corporate billing is available.
Students may qualify for a Smart Options Continuing Education Student Loan, offered by Sallie Mae. Your Sallie Mae Loan application must be completed and approved 14 days before the first day of the program. Loan cannot exceed the cost of tuition. Contact our admissions team for details.
- Complete the online application and attach a photocopy of your undergraduate transcript or diploma when prompted.
- SMU PRO will confirm your acceptance and facilitate your payment for the program of your choice.
Registration / Enrollment
- Register for the program online, and pay the non-refundable $50 fee. Payment of the application fee does not guarantee a seat in the class/program.
- Upon registering, you will receive, via email, a confirmation receipt* and the program application. Return the completed application and requested documents to email@example.com or fax them to 214.768.1071.
- Your student advisor will confirm your acceptance and send accepted students a welcome email with the next steps toward enrollment.
Kim Bauer, B.A., M.F.A.
A.J. Wood, ACP, ACI
Did you know?
Average annual salary for visual designers in Texas.
Ad and marketing executives who express need for highly skilled creative professionals.
Top job titles include visual designer, user experience (UX) designer, art director and interaction designer