Professor of Spanish
World Languages and Literatures, Spanish
Ph.D., Yale University
View curriculum vitae
Areas of Interest
- 19th- and 20th-century Spanish prose
- Whole Faith: The Catholic Ideal of Emilia Pardo Bazán. Washington, D.C.: The Catholic University of America Press, 2018.
- “Pardo Bazán as a European Intellectual: Naturalism, Spiritualism, and Idealism.” In Approaches to teaching the writings of Emilia Pardo Bazán. Margot Versteeg and Susan Walter, Eds. New York: The Modern Language Association of America, 2017.
- “Emilia Pardo Bazán, Joris-Karl Huysmans, and Stories of Conversion.” Forthcoming in Modern Spanish Women as Agents of Change: Essays in Honor of Maryellen Bieder. Ed. Jennifer Smith. Bucknell UP.
- “Teresa's Experiences.” Romance Quarterly 63.1 (2016): 14-20.