Ruth and Kenneth Altshuler Centennial Interdisciplinary Professor
Ph.D., Stanford University
Umphrey Lee 301CC
International Trade, Regional & Urban Economics, Macroeconomics, Political Economy
- “Culture, Ethnicity and Diversity,” American Economic Review, forthcoming, March 2017 (with Ignacio Ortuño and Romain Wacziarg).
- “The Geography of Development,” Journal of Political Economy, forthcoming, September 2016 (with Dávid Krisztián Nagy and Esteban Rossi-Hansberg).
- “The Settlement of the United States, 1800-2000: The Long Transition to Gibrat’s Law,” Journal of Urban Economics, forthcoming (with Jordan Rappaport).
- “Resistance to Technology Adoption: The Rise and Decline of Guilds,” Review of Economic Dynamics, 2014, 17, 437-458 (with Stephen Parente).
- “Spatial Development,” American Economic Review, 2014, 104, 1211-43 (with Esteban Rossi-Hansberg).
- “Urban Accounting and Welfare,” American Economic Review, 2013, 103, 2296-2327 (with Esteban Rossi-Hansberg).
- “The Evolution of Markets and the Revolution of Industry: A Unified Theory of Growth,” Journal of Economic Growth, 2012, 17, 205-234 (with Stephen Parente).
- “The Political Economy of Linguistic Cleavages,” Journal of Development Economics, 2012, 97, 322-338 (with Ignacio Ortuño and Romain Wacziarg).