One of the greatest advantages of the SMU Cox School of Business is our location in the heart of Dallas, Texas. Dallas is a business, technology and cultural powerhouse with a strong, diverse economy and a high quality of life. The city’s central location and transportation infrastructure make it a hub for national and international business. In 2010, Dallas, Texas was named the fastest growing city in the nation by CNN Money magazine. Dallas is frequently cited in various rankings as one of the best places to live, buy a house, start a career and earn a living (Greater Dallas Chamber).
The cultural, athletic and entertainment offerings in Dallas,Texas are practically limitless. SMU is located in the heart of Dallas, minutes away from downtown and was recognized as one of the 100 best places to work in Dallas-Fort Worth by The Dallas Morning News in 2009.
As the Dallas, Texas area has grown and thrived, SMU Cox has strengthened our local relationships while expanding our perspective on business. As a result, the school today is a globally recognized business institution offering unique academic programs that connect our students with the world of business.
While the classroom serves as the core of an SMU Cox education, the educational experience we offer reaches beyond the SMU campus into many of the leading companies in Dallas. Through an executive mentoring program, speaker series and alumni networking events, SMU Cox provides convenient access to business leaders with insights and connections that can help you achieve your professional goals.
- Network with local and national business leaders at forums and speaker events.
- Design a study project at a local company to learn firsthand about a particular industry or functional area.
- Continue your internship part-time during your second year while completing your MBA.
- Select and meet with an executive mentor from a prominent company in the DFW area.
- Participate in a case competition hosted by the Cox School and sponsored by a leading multinational corporation.
- Network with Cox students in our Professional MBA and Executive MBA programs representing more than 100 different companies and organizations.