A Strategic Philosophy
Risk is indispensable to the educational process. Without risk, one will not transcend perceived limitations and stretch to become a World Changer.
The Office of Risk Management applies a strategic philosophy to its mission of “protecting the life safety, reputation, financial resources, operations, and property” of the University through various forms of risk mitigation and support.
Each year, key academic and administrative leaders engage in a risk assessment process to review the University’s strategic objectives and its critical functions and services.
Our Strategic Risk Management functions include:
- Management of all property, casualty, workers’ compensation insurance matters on behalf of the University
- Allied health insurance support for intercollegiate athletics and student health
- Emergency Management for university events and activities including the Incident Planning Committee
- Risk Control to include Business Continuity Program management
- Environmental Health & Safety
- International Travel program oversight for insurance and emergency evacuation and repatriation
- Compliance support for various programs including research
Office of Risk Management
Main Number: 214-768-2083
Water Drops Collection (unveiled) by Yogendra Joshi & Soldier-scientists begin closure of Ebola testing labs by Army Medicine are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License.