An interactive tutorial, to be completed within the first week of employment, provides the basic information needed for each employee to launch his/her career at SMU. The tutorial provides an overview with access to resources depending on the employee's individual interests and needs. Main modules are:
- "About SMU" covering the leadership, people and principles of the University, physical layout of the campus as well as past and present history highlights.
- "Working at SMU" introduces new employees to the information needed during the first week through the first year of employment and even beyond. Other topics include the SMU work environment, compensation, Risk Management, Performance Reviews and Professional Development.
- "Employee Benefits" outlines SMU's broad array of benefits programs to help provide for your health and financial security as well as the links and forms to get started!
Before accessing the tutorial, you will need to do the following:
1. Pop-Ups: Disable pop-up blockers on your browser in order to view content delivered in the tutorial.
2. The tutorial is interactive and uses the following 2 programs: Adobe Reader and Flash. You will need to have these programs installed on your computer in order to view the content. Click on the following links to download a free copy:
If you do not have access to a computer at work, or your computer does not meet the minimum requirements to run the above programs, you may use one of the testing computers located in the Customer Service area of the Department of Human Resources located at Expressway Tower, 6116 Central Expressway, Suite 200.
Launch the Faculty tutorial now!
If you have trouble accessing the tutorial, please contact the Department of Human Resources:
via email at email@example.com
via telephone at 214-768-3311