What is "development?"
Development is changing how software works: new features or changes to existing features. It is usually done with software code.
If you need different services, such as changes to content, design, site organization, or more, please review our web services for options.
Scope of development services
The Web Application Services Team has two development capabilities:
- Create new or changed functionality on www.smu.edu (Sitecore).
- Create C# .NET web applications.
To request development services, please email IT Help Desk and include these:
- Desired new or changed functionality.
- Pages that should use the new functionality.
- The value to the university (helps us prioritize requests).
A member of the Web Application Services Team member will follow up to confirm the request and review options.
Development for other applications
If you need a development for other applications, please contact the IT Help Desk to start your request.