The Norwick Center for Digital Solutions (nCDS) helps create a wide variety of digital collections by digitizing and cataloging items from CUL’s unique special collections. These collections are freely available on the CUL Digital Collections web page.
Our ongoing projects include the creation of digital collections of SMU oral and photographic histories, politics, Southwestern art, Texas currency notes, specialized film collections, and more.
To help all CUL units digitize, catalog, and make available items from their special collections on the CUL Digital Collections web site.
- Assistance with scanning, transferring, and capturing digital files.
- Creating web displays and playback files for video, audio, image, and text.
- Developing metadata schemas for digital collections and their related archives.
- Large format printing (CUL only)
- CONTENTdm collection asset management system
- High resolution image capture
- Flatbed scanners
- Larger format photography
- Book scanning
- Equipment to capture and digitize audio, video and 16mm film formats.
- 16mm telecine
- hdv, dv and vhs playback equipment
- Reel-to-reel, cassette, and phonograph playback equipment
- Esoteric and vintage equipment including
Not a member of CUL Libraries?
Limited services are available for non-CUL patrons. Drop project requests off at Room 303, Fondren Library Blue. Turnaround time for non-CUL projects is 10 working days. An org/fund number is required for all services. Rush service is not available.
Create a library help desk ticket.