For 1st Time Users:
SciFinder Web requires a one-time registration and creation
of a unique username/password. You'll need to login with this username/password
each time you use SciFinder Web. If you had a SciFinder account
at another institution, you will need to re-register with a
- Please visit
this page. You will have to authenticate with your SMU username and password to proceed to the registration form.
- Review the instructions for creating the unique username/password,
then click the registration link at the end of the form.
You must register with your SMU email address.
- You will receive a confirmation email (check your spam folder). Click the link in the email message to
complete the registration.
For Registered Users:
To use SciFinder, go to http://proxy.libraries.smu.edu/login?url=https://scifinder.cas.org/ and login with your unique username/password.
If you have any issues accessing this database, please clear the cookies/cache from your browser and reattempt. If that does not solve the problem, Ask Us.
For additional help using SciFinder:
SciFinder Web e-Tutorials, How To Guides, and Strategies (Intermediate)
- Over 20 recorded tutorials on reference, reaction, structure
and substructure searching in SciFinder Web
- PDF guides for SciFinder Web, including search and working
with reference, substance and reaction answer sets: analyze,
refine, combine, categorize, print/save/export
- Intermediate guides for small-molecule searching, synthetic
chemistry and polymer chemistry
Pre-recorded and upcoming seminars.