In 1911, SMU The Methodist Episcopal Church South transferred ownership of Southwestern University’s medical and pharmacy school to SMU. The collection provides insights into SMU’s early days, as a medical and pharmacy school. Included are letters, ephemera, contracts, student transcripts, research notes, and financial ledgers.
To learn more about the History of the SMU Medical School, visit the Registrar's site to read a history by Nancy Skochdopole.
Finding aid available.