SMU Libraries is open even though our buildings are closed. We offer many resources and support services online.
View our COVID-19 News and Updates for more information.
Ask Us Your Questions:
Librarians are available to chat during these hours. Email us at anytime.
Contact Your Librarian: Your subject librarian is available to answer more in-depth research questions through email or online Zoom meetings.
Online Workshops: Sign up for online workshops or request a workshop for your course.
Other Campus Resources:
Collections and Materials
Physical Collections: There are a number of alternatives to accessing items in our physical collections:
- Books, journal articles, textbooks, book chapters can be requested using Interlibrary Loan. Library staff will identify if a PDF scan can be sent through Interlibrary Loan or if a digital version of the item can be acquired.
- If the item is not available through Interlibrary Loan, we will work with you to find comparable materials. Contact your librarian for more information.
- Many publishers are offering temporary free access to their books during this time.
Films and Media for Course Use:
Remote Access to Library Resources:
- Graduating: View options for returning books and other materials
- Returning in the Fall: Due dates have been extended to September 30th
Library Fines: All due dates for materials currently on loan will be extended and fines and fees will be suspended until September 30, 2020.
Facilities and Events
In-Person Events: All in-person events and workshops are canceled until further notice.
Building Restrictions: All physical locations are closed to onsite use until further notice.