Resources for Current and Former Foster Youth

The Child Advocacy Clinic assists current and former foster youth who reside in the DFW area. Our Services include:

  • Name changes
  • Correcting/applying for identification documents (social security card, driver’s license, state ID, birth certificate)
  • Sealing juvenile and adult records
  • Misdemeanor C cases (traffic tickets, etc.)
  • Access to siblings who are still in care
  • Education advocacy
  • Getting copies of your CPS records
  • For other legal issues, we will provide you with referrals

We cannot guarantee that we will be able to represent you or completely resolve your legal problems. Our intake service is completely free and we will offer, as possible, legal advice on how to proceed. If you need a lawyer and we cannot represent you, we will try to find an attorney to take your case or refer you to other resources. 

Are you at risk for eviction?

There is a FREE resource that may be able to help. It is Stop TX Eviction*.

Here’s how Stop TX Eviction can help:

  • Get legal information about the eviction process and information about your rights. 
  • Get access to important documents that you can give to your landlord or the court.
  • Apply for legal assistance from organizations in your area that provide free legal services to qualifying tenants.
  • Find out about rental assistance and other resources in your area and how to apply.
  • Chat with a real lawyer about your questions regarding eviction.

*Stop TX Eviction is a collaboration between the three main legal aid providers in Texas (Texas RioGrande Legal Aid, Lone Star Legal Aid, and Legal Aid of Northwest Texas) and the state legal aid support center, Texas Legal Services Center, with generous funding from the Texas Access to Justice Foundation.