Some general principles apply for permitted and prohibited uses.
- Viewing, downloading, copying, printing, and saving individual articles or search results.
- Using e-resources for research and teaching.
- Sending a copy of an article to another current SMU user.
- Sharing the URL, or posting it.
- Citing small portions of content in your published research.
NOTE: Engagement in any of the activities below may result in suspension of your access, and possibly in suspension of access for all SMU users.
- Systematically downloading or distributing large volumes of material.
- Using SMU Libraries electronic resources for personal commercial gain.
- Sharing content with non-SMU users.
- Publicly posting the text of books, journal articles or digital photos, drawings, or other content from SMU Libraries electronic resources.
If in doubt, Ask a Librarian.