The maximum amount of a grant is $400.
- Travel grants cannot be awarded retroactively; proposals must be submitted before travel.
- The award is contingent upon the completion and approval of your Pre-Travel Authorization Form. Please ask your department administrator for further details.
Only one grant per student per academic year is awarded or funded. Please prioritize your proposals accordingly.
Requests with matching funds from other sources have a higher priority.
This grant will only fund conference travel to present an accepted paper or poster
Applications are accepted year-round.
The proposals should be sponsored by the department chair and the graduate advisor.
- (applications without accepted papers or posters are ineligible for this grant)
Department chair and graduate advisor are requested not to sponsor students who
could be supported from other sources such as sponsored research grants and
Using the online application, please attach the following four items to your submission. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
A proposal describing the activity and how this grant will help in your program - limited to one page.
A short vita - limited to one page.
- A signature form , signed by your advisor.
- Your abstract submission (accepted by the conference) with proof of acceptance.
Please allow at least 10 days for processing your application. Also, please be sure to submit your Pre-Travel Authorization Form to your department; without it, your expenses will be ineligible for reimbursement.
Off-campus login requires the following format for your ID/Password:
smu\XXXXXXXX (replace X's with your SMU ID)
Your SMU Password
**Please use IE 10, Chrome, or Firefox as your browser.**