Campus Resources

These departments may be able to assist you with your conflict:

CAPS (Counseling and Psychiatric Services)
6211 Bishop Boulevard, Memorial Health Center, 2nd floor

SMU Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS) provide psychiatric services, personal counseling, psychological services for women and gender issues, educational counseling, group counseling and crisis intervention.  You can access the following link for tips on dealing with conflict:

Hegi Family Career Development Center

Suite 200, Hughes-Trigg Student Center
The Hegi Family Career Development Center provides career development counseling and guidance along with a variety of other services.  There are staff members who are able to help you with employment related conflicts.

RLSH (Residence Life and Student Housing)
101 Boaz Hall
Resident Life and Student Housing staff is available to help with any roommate related issues that may arise while living on campus.  Check out for the Staff Directory.

SMU Police
Patterson Hall (next to Hughes-Trigg)
214-768-3388 (non-emergencies)
SMU Police serves the entire SMU community by fostering a secure learning and working environment through effective use of crime prevention, protection and general police services.  If your conflict issues should transition to a criminal offense, contact the SMU Police Department.

University Ministries
Suite 316, Hughes-Trigg Student Center
The Office of the Chaplain can provide guidance as well as nurturing and support for students.  Please call or stop by their office to utilize their services.

SMU Center for Conflict Resolution
Legacy Campus
If your conflict has progressed to the level of seeking legal action, you may use SMU Center for Conflict Resolution services either before or after a lawsuit is filed. There is a fee associated with the center’s services. See their website at