The Student Conduct and Community Standards Office assists students in their personal development by providing a fair conduct review process that issues consistent sanctions for behavior that is incongruent with the University's expectations for students. The Office addresses academic and non-academic behavior.
2012-13 DEPARTMENTAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Departure of the Assistant Director prior to the start of the fall semester.
- Continue to work with the Honor Council to adjudicate cases that are referred to them.
- Provide effective training to the Interfraternity Council Hearing Board, University Conduct Board, and the University Conduct Council.
- Continue using the Informal Resolution process to reduce the rate of recidivism in students who violate the alcohol policy.
Exemplary Division of Student Affairs
- Continue to evaluate the Conduct Review Process by conducting a survey of students who have been required to go through the process to ensure we are using the best practices within the area of student conduct.