Guidelines for Submission
- Inclusion in the Friday Update is available to all campus entities that have an approved organization within SMU Connect (previously known as ORGS@SMU).
- Once logged into SMU Connect, look for the prompts when creating an event, activity or program to be included in the Friday Update.
- Deadline for submission is every Wednesday by 8:00 AM. The update email is sent on Friday mornings during the Fall & Spring terms.
- Only one announcement per event will be allowed each semester. Recurring events will be treated as a single event and not repeated. Due to space constraints, general organization meetings will not be included.
- The individual, organization or department requesting inclusion in the Friday Update is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the information submitted.
- Announcements should be brief (100 characters or fewer, please) and contain only essential information. Long postings will be edited.
- The Friday Update is a notice of events for the upcoming 7 Days (Friday-Thursday). Events submitted in advance will be included in the update sent out the week of the event, with Friday events being sent out the same day as the event, unless otherwise requested in advance.
If you have any questions about these submission guidelines, please email Kathleen Hayden, or call 214-768-4411.
Create an event now!