Tuesday, January 22 + Thursday, January 24 | Various Times + Locations
One aspect of the week’s programming will include community service opportunities! Below is a link to sign up individually for a community service opportunity on January 22nd and 24th. Five local nonprofits/organizations are offering direct community engagement opportunities for the SMU community in honor of Dr. King; Goodwill Industries, Vogel Alcove, Legacy Counseling Center, Dallas ISD, and St. Philip’s Community Center. The service projects range in type including sorting donations, yard work, and working at a school. There is truly something for everyone!
Here are a few things to note before signing up:
- You are responsible for your transportation.
- You may sign up for as many slots as you’d like.
- Some of the slots are extended periods of time. If you have class and must leave early from the timeframe you signed up for, that is fine. Please make the most of your time there, though!
- If you sign up, the nonprofit will be counting on your attendance.
- A few days before the service, you’ll receive an email, that will connect you to the nonprofit’s volunteer coordinator for any last-minute details or questions for the nonprofit.
- If you need to cancel your sign up, please do so on the sign-up genius link.
Sign up here! If you’d like to share this opportunity with other students, staff, or faculty, please do.