The Offices of the Vice President for Student Affairs and the Provost invite members of the SMU community to apply for funding for programs and initiatives to advance and support two very important campus-wide initiatives:
- The President's Commission on Substance Abuse Prevention is charged with addressing substance abuse issues in the areas of education, prevention, enforcement, and assistance.
- Implementation Workgroup on Sexual Misconduct Policies and Procedures helps campus uphold SMU's commitment to fostering a healthy and supportive environment, to holding members of the community accountable if they violate the rights of others, and to providing care and counseling to the victims of sexual misconduct.
Funding recipients will be required to track their attendance through card swiping (as applicable), record spending, and submit progress and final reports during their year of funding. Additionally, for events, organizers must track attendance through Connect.SMU. Unused monies will be returned to the funding pool for reallocation.
Please note that your group MUST meet all the following criteria to be eligible for a grant:
- Be affiliated with a SMU department or recognized student organization. We do not accept requests from individuals or research projects.
- Have a primary focus on one or more of the areas mentioned above related to each group's mission.
Priority is given to funding programs in the following order:
- Programs related to compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Programs related to policy and procedure support
- Other programming proposals.
Each funding body highly encourages co-sponsoring programs and proposals who also have financial assistance outside of this request process. Please note, we do not fund position lines or other graduate assistant salaries from this fund however, we will accept funding requests that include paying students to work.