Work Orders

Maintenance personnel can help residents with routine repairs such as a clogged drain, a broken blind, a leak, etc.

We try to make the process worry-free. Learn more about the work order process managed by SMU's Office of Facilities Management and Planning.

Request regular maintenance

To request maintenance service, a resident must submit a request using the Facilities Planning and Management Work Order system called SMU Stable.

You don't need to wait in their room for maintenance. Whenever a resident submits a request, it gives the staff permission to enter the room and make necessary repairs. If the item is an emergency, the staff may enter without having a work order so the problem can be addressed immediately to prevent further damage.


Emergency maintenance issues 

If a facility issue causes a threat to people or the facilities, please call the SMU Police Department at 214.768.3333 or the Resident Assistant (RA) on call for the building between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m.