Reservations will be made on the following timeline:
- Fall semester reservations will be accepted beginning on July 1st.
- Spring semester reservations will be accepted beginning November 1st.
- Summer reservations will be accepted beginning April 1st.
- Recurring reservations will be made for a maximum of one full semester.
- Facility Use Requests must meet and abide by University Policy 6.4: Use of Facilities by University and Non-University Individuals and Organizations.
- Only representatives of SMU Student Chartered Organizations can reserve non-activity spaces (classrooms, studios, conference room) if the activity they are hosting is for SMU Students.
- Room requests must be made at least 5 business days in advance. Any room availability past that point is on a first come/first serve basis.
- Activity spaces (courts, studios, mat room, sand volleyball, Falls, etc) will be limited to 3 hour durations. Greater than 3 hours should be considered a Special Event and require a completed Event Packet.
- Before completing this form, please read through the Criteria for Special Events for what constitutes a "special event" versus a "reservation" and proceed accordingly.
- Please note that food is not permitted inside the Dedman Center for Lifetime Sports. Food is permitted in the outdoor sand volleyball area with prior approval from the Rec Sports Professional Staff in charge of scheduling.
- Classroom and studio space does not include Audio Visual (AV). Please contact the Events and Reservations at email@example.com for more information.
- Please report any reservation changes or cancellations to Events and Reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Cancel and Event Name and Date).
- The submission of this form is only a request for space. A confirmation of your request is not an approval of request. You will be contacted via e-mail with a confirmation of the reservation. Bring the confirmation with you at time of reservation.
To request a room reservation, please follow the steps listed below
1. Click "http://schedule.smu.edu" or type in your URL address box
2. Click on the "Launch Now" block on the left hand corner.
3. The daily calendar for the University will be displayed. In the right hand corner, select the green box labeled "Request Event."
4. Enter the title of your event in the top box. Click on the drop down arrow under "Select an Event Request Form" and choose "Dedman Center Events Request Form," and click "next."
5. Fill in the blanks for your name, SMU ID, email, contact phone, department, and title of event including the student group name.
6. Under meeting dates, times, & room selections, click add/remove meetings.
7. Fill in the meeting type, max attendance, and a brief description. Then fill in the start and end date and time then click add meeting.
8. After you fill out the information, you must also select a room, along with the meeting time and date. In the picture below where it says meeting recurrence, you can select whether or not you want a single, recurring, or spanning meeting. You will need to add the time and click on the date. Once you have done that you can hit create and your meeting will be added to the right of the screen under Meetings. When you see your meeting you will then need to check the box and hit request rooms. Once you have done that, you will be able to assign the room that you want reserved at Dedman. Don’t forget to save it when you are finished and we can process your request. If you do not add the meeting location to your request, it will be denied.
This request must be submitted a minimum of 3 business days in advance, or a reservation will notbe approved.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact email@example.com