[UPDATE] Hotel Accommodations:
[NO VACANCIES] Magnolia Hotel Dallas (Holiday Inn) - Park Cities
6070 N. Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75206
Call the Holiday Inn at 888-983-5012 and reference "Residential Commons Symposium” for the conference rate. Hotel reservations under this room block must be made by September 24, 2015 to receive the listed rate.
- The Magnolia Hotel provides a shuttle bus service for transport free of charge from Dallas Love Field Airport to the hotel – pickup is from the lower level of Love Field Airport.
- During the Symposium, shuttle service is provided by the hotel for free to transport participants from the hotel to SMU campus and back. For scheduling purposes, we recommend that participants review the Schedule for details on recommended pick-up/drop-off times for the Shuttle.
- Opening Reception is covered in the cost of registration.
- Breakfast on Friday and Saturday is covered in the cost of the hotel.
- Lunch on Friday and Saturday is covered in the cost of registration.
- Dinner on Thursday and Friday are open for participants to explore the Dallas area.
List of recommendations from SMU will be provided upon check-in.
Travel by Air
We recommend traveling via Southwest Airlines into Dallas Love Field Airport as it is in close proximity to SMU Campus - approximately 15-20 minute drive. Dallas/Fort Worth Airport is also an option and is approximately 30-40 minute drive from SMU Campus.
- Please note: Transportation from the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport is not provided. The Magnolia Hotel provides a hotel shuttle for transport as part of your hotel fees.
Travel Around Dallas
For those without vehicles looking to get off campus and away from the hotel, we recommend using:
Download the Uber app to move around Dallas at your own convenience. Fares may vary given the demand for rides. Uber now allows pick up and drop off at the DFW Airport (~$25-$45).
The DART Rail is a convenient and affordable means of getting to prime locations in Dallas. The Mockingbird Station stop is located right next to the Magnolia (map of walk) where a quick walk and a few dollars can give you access to the rail all day.