Residence Life & Student Housing

Upperclassmen Housing Options

Are you a rising junior or senior looking for something beyond the traditional residence hall experience? Consider one of these options! Rising sophomores may also be assigned to upperclass housing on a space available basis.

Daniel House

For students who are sophomores and above, Daniel House offers a unique opportunity for upperclass and transfer students to live together in an apartment setting. Up to 39 students live in townhouse-style apartments. Each apartment has 3 single occupancy bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and living area.

Martin Hall

For students who are seniors, or who are non-traditional age, Martin Hall offers a single-occupancy efficiency apartment in a residence hall setting. Martin Hall also houses graduate students. Apartments in Martin feature a small kitchenette and private bathroom, and are furnished with a double "Murphy" bed. Availability is limited.

Moore Hall

For students who are sophomores and above, Moore Hall offers double occupancy efficiency apartments. Each apartment has a self-contained kitchen area and bathroom. 

Smith Hall

Smith houses 81 residents in double and single rooms with community bath. Common areas in the buildings include a game room and laundry facilities on the floor.

SMU Service House

Interested in making service learning a part of your university living and learning experience? Then the SMU Service House is the place for you!  The 28 upper-class residents who live in the Service House are involved in 30 hours of community service each semester. This house is a close-knit community with an active House Council who plan house dinners, improve facilities and plan a wide variety of service opportunities. Service projects are chosen based on the interests of the residents and range from working with a homeless shelter to literacy programs. Residents must go through an interview process and sign the Service House Agreement as well as complete the Housing application and license agreement. Contact RLSH for further information about requirements and application process.