At SMU, our residential facilities feature a variety of room types and shared bathroom styles along with these common features:
- Common areas for study and social activities
- Computer Connections via Ethernet and Wireless Connections
- 24-Hour Exterior Card Access System
- All residential facilities are co-ed
- Air Conditioned
- Laundry Rooms with Washers & Dryers
- Microwave Ovens Available in the building
- Smoke-Free: Smoking is NOT permitted in any University building
- Resident Assistant and Residential Community Director residence life staff
- Rooms are furnished with bed, dresser, desk and desk chair per occupancy
- Carpeted Rooms
Incoming first-year and transfer students are assigned to one of the 11 Residential Commons: Armstrong, Boaz, Cockrell-McIntosh, Crum, Kathy Crow, Loyd, Mary Hay/Peyton/Shuttles, McElvaney, Morrison-McGinnis, Virginia-Snider and Ware. All RCs have a Faculty in Residence as well as a classroom for the RC.
Upperclass housing options for juniors and seniors include: Daniel House, Moore Hall, Multicultural Greek House, Smith Hall, SMU Service House. Rising sophomores may also be assigned to upperclass housing, pending availability.