Residence Life & Student Housing

Parking, Mailbox & Internet

Where do I park?

Parking on any college campus can be a challenge. You may wish to consider leaving your car at home. If you do bring a vehicle, you must register and obtain a permit from Parking & ID Card Services. Visit their website or chat with representatives at the AARO Information Expo.

How do I get mail?

Students living in the Residential Commons and upperclass residence halls receive mail and packages at the SMU Post Office in the Hughes-Trigg Student Center. Each resident student is provided mail service as part of living on-campus Mail service is not available in the residence halls.

How do I get connected to the Internet?

All resident rooms have both wired and wireless connections.  SMU Office of Information Technology (OIT) website has detailed information  for incoming students, including minimum requirements for both Mac and PCs.