This page contains information for reserving space in Hughes-Trigg (HTSC), which includes meeting and event rooms, the West Bridge, and the Crossing.
We are now accepting reservations for events occurring between June 1, 2019 - December 31, 2019.
RESERVE A ROOM IN HTSC
Click here to:
NOTE: your name must appear on your organization's page on Connect.SMU to reserve space in HTSC or at the West Bridge. Your SMU credentials are required to log in to reserve space on EMS.
|View the Online Calendar here.
Submit a Reservation Request Form to find available spaces in HTSC.
Please note the following rooms are permanently set in the following configurations:
- Atrium AB - hollow square for 30.
- Atrium CD - classroom for 32.
- Portico A and E - conference for 20.
- Portico BCD - auditorium for 50.
[Back to Top]
FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS AND ROOM DESCRIPTIONS
[Back to Top]
RESERVE A WEST BRIDGE TABLE
Click here to reserve a West Bridge Table. Please note this resource is for SMU Groups only.
Tables may be reserved by the following:
- SMU campus departments
- SMU student organizations registered on Connect. The requestor must be a member of the organization and listed on the public roster.
Groups not meeting this criteria (vendors, non-SMU groups, brand ambassadors, etc.) may rent space at the Crossing. Non-SMU groups may not be sponsored by an SMU Group to table at the West Bridge.
Guidelines for Use
- West Bridge tables may be reserved by one organization for a maximum of 3 consecutive days for 2 consecutive weeks. SMU groups may be booked at the Crossing when all West Bridge tables have been reserved, or if the group specifically asks to be at the Crossing.
- Each West Bridge table reservation includes one 6’x18” table and two chairs. Please do not add chairs to your table as this violates fire code.
- In the case of inclement weather, tables will be relocated to the West Lobby of the Hughes-Trigg Student Center, or the Commons, pending availability of the space.
- Each group can only reserve 1 West Bridge table per day.
Good to Know
- The Student Involvement staff will set up one 6'x18" table and two chairs. Please check to see that your organization's name is on the piece of paper taped to your table.
- For assistance during the day please visit Student Involvement on the third floor of HTSC (suite 315).
- When your reservation concludes, please leave the tables and chairs at the West Bridge.
- If you need to clean the equipment please contact Student Involvement so we can locate a custodian.
West Bridge Tables are very popular! If you are no longer able to table at the West Bridge, please email the Reservations Account at HTSC@smu.edu ASAP. No shows who do not communicate may lose the privilege to table at the West Bridge.
[Back to Top]
RENT SPACE AT THE CROSSING
Crossing (Counter Space) Request Form
Information and Pricing
The Crossing is a counter space located in our central Commons area. It provides non-SMU organizations space to distribute materials and/or conduct sales. It is also used to accommodate overflow reservations for the West Bridge. The Crossing space is 255 square feet large and the counter space is 10'6"; long by 2'2" deep.
One section of the counter space is available for $150 per day. The entire space (all three sections) can be reserved for $375 per day. Most groups reserve one section and find it is sufficient to meet their needs.
Guidelines for Use
- Sales and distributions may be conducted only on weekdays during the spring and fall semesters from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Reservations are not accepted during Finals Week.
- Users are to confine their advertising to the space provided. Signs may be hung in front of the designated space or the bar behind the counter with painter's tape. Nails, pins, and tape with an adhesive stronger than painter's tape will damage our center and are not allowed. Please do not hang signs or banners on the back wall or block the timeclock located by the south entrance of the space.
- Sales and distributions in the Student Center are subject to all SMU policies. Appropriate sales taxes must be charged and paid by the reserving group.
The Crossing may be requested by filling out the Crossing (Counter Space) Request Form. Please allow two-to-three business days for processing. If approved you will receive a document called an Estimate. The Estimate will have your reservation number, let you know what section of the Crossing, what time, and what date you've been booked. The reservation is finalized when a signed copy (either digital or hard copy) of the Estimate is returned to the Reservations Office located in the Student Activities office, suite 314 on the third floor of HTSC. Please note your reservation must be finalized one week before the first booking date.
For parking information on campus please visit http://www.smu.edu/parking.
Payment Information and Procedure:
We accept payment by checks and credit card.
If paying by check please make the check out to SMU Student Center and write your invoice number in the memo line of the check. Your invoice number is a four-digit number preceded by "HTSC" (e.g., HTSC0000). If you have not been given an invoice number please write your five-digit reservation number instead.
If paying with a credit card please visit our Payment Portal site. Select "Hughes Trigg Student Center Reservations", enter the amount at the bottom of your invoice and click "make payment", and input the appropriate information in the following screen. Please note your reservation number is the five digit number located in the subject line of this message, and in the name of the attached PDF.
Please contact Student Involvement at 214-768-4400 or HTSC@smu.edu if you have any questions.