This page contains information for reserving space in Hughes-Trigg (HTSC), which includes meeting and event rooms, the West Bridge, and the Crossing.
We are now accepting reservations for events occurring between June 1, 2017 - May 31, 2018.
Reserve a Room in HTSC
View the Online Calendar and Reserve Space in EMS here.
(Link will open in a new window.)
NOTE: your name must appear on your organization's page on Connect.SMU to reserve space in HTSC. Your SMU credentials are required to log in to reserve space on EMS.
|View the Online Calendar here.
Submit a Reservation Request Form to find available spaces in HTSC.
NOTE: Submitting a Reservation Request form is only a request for information, and does not commit you to a reservation in HTSC. Once you receive an Estimate, this commits you to a reservation and finalization of event details confirms the event.
For 2017-2018 please note the following rooms are permanently set in the following configurations:
Exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis by the Meeting and Events Coordinator.
- Atrium AB - hollow square for 30.
- Atrium CD - classroom for 30.
- Portico A and E - conference for 20.
- Portico BCD - auditorium for 50.
[Back to Top]
Frequently-Asked Questions and Room Descriptions
[Back to Top]
Reserve a West Bridge Table
West Bridge Table Request Form
The West Bridge tables are a popular resource used to:
- Promote an upcoming event or activity sponsored by a campus department or student organization;
- Recruit members to a student organization;
- Fundraise for a student organization or an event (note: approval must be granted by the appropriate entities. The Meeting and Events Coordinator can assist with this process.).
Tables may be reserved by the following:
- SMU campus departments
- SMU student organizations registered on Connect. The requestor must be a member of the organization and listed on the public roster.
Groups not meeting this criteria (vendors, non-SMU groups, brand ambassadors, etc.) may rent space at the Crossing.
Guidelines for Use
- West Bridge tables may be reserved by one organization for a maximum of 3 consecutive days for 2 consecutive weeks. SMU groups may be booked at the Crossing when all West Bridge tables have been reserved.
- Each West Bridge table reservation includes one 6’x18” table and two chairs. Please do not add chairs to your table as this violates fire code.
- In the case of inclement weather, tables may be relocated to the West Lobby of the Hughes-Trigg Student Center.
Outside organizations may not be sponsored by campus groups to table at the West Bridge. This service is for campus groups only.
Good to Know
- When you arrive, all you have to do is show up! The Student Activities staff will set up one 6'x18" table and two chairs on the West Bridge, or in a designated inside area if weather is an issue. Please check to see that your organization's name is on the piece of paper taped to your table. Reservations booked in the Crossing are restricted to that area.
- For assistance during the day please visit Student Activities on the third floor of HTSC (suite 314).
- When your reservation concludes, please leave the tables and chairs at the West Bridge. Student Activities staff will put everything away for you.
- If you need to clean the equipment please contact Student Activities so we can locate a custodian.
West Bridge Tables are very popular! If you are no longer able to table at the West Bridge, please email the Reservations Account at HTSC@smu.edu ASAP. No shows who do not communicate may lose the privilege to table at the West Bridge.
[Back to Top]
Rent Space at the Crossing
Crossing (Counter Space) Request Form
Information and Pricing
The Crossing is a counter space located in our central Commons area. It provides non-SMU organizations space to distribute materials and/or conduct sales. It is also used to accommodate overflow reservations for the West Bridge. The Crossing space is 255 square feet large and the counter space is 10'6"; long by 2'2" deep.
One section of the counter space is available for $150 per day. The entire space (all three sections) can be reserved for $375 per day. Most groups reserve one section and find it is sufficient to meet their needs. If you end up being the only group reserving the space that day you are welcome to spread out and use the entire counter.
Guidelines for Use
- Sales and distributions may be conducted only on weekdays during the spring and fall semesters from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Reservations are not accepted during Finals Week.
- Users are to confine their advertising to the space provided. Signs may be hung in front of the designated space or the bar behind the counter with painter's tape. Nails, pins, and tape with an adhesive stronger than painter's tape will damage our center and are not allowed. Please do not hang signs or banners on the back wall or block the timeclock located by the south entrance of the space.
- The Student Center does not provide storage and will assume no liability for materials left at the Crossing.
- Food and beverages may be consumed in the Crossing; however, alcohol is prohibited.
- Any items that are illegal may not be sold or distributed.
- Sales and distributions in the Student Center are subject to all SMU policies. Appropriate sales taxes must be charged and paid by the reserving group.
The Crossing may be requested by filling out the Crossing (Counter Space) Request Form. Please allow two-to-three business days for processing. If approved you will receive a document called an Estimate. The Estimate will have your reservation number, let you know what section of the Crossing, what time, and what date you've been booked. The reservation is finalized when a signed copy (either digital or hard copy) of the Estimate is returned to the Reservations Office located in the Student Activities office, suite 314 on the third floor of HTSC. Please note your reservation must be finalized one week before the first booking date.
For parking information on campus please visit http://www.smu.edu/parking. This website has a parking map for visitors available on the right side of the page (for easy reference, HTSC is building #46 on the visitor parking map). Guest parking is available in Moody Garage (#98) or in Binkley Garage (#63). Please also refer to the website for any updates on construction activities at SMU.
If you have equipment to load you may temporarily park in the turnaround on the southeast side of the building. Our building's main entrance (steps, no ramp) is on the south side but we have an entrance on the west side if you need to roll in your materials.
Payment Information and Procedure:
We accept payment by checks and credit card.
If paying by check please make the check out to SMU Student Center and write your invoice number in the memo line of the check. Your invoice number is a four-digit number preceded by "HTSC" (e.g., HTSC0000). If you have not been given an invoice number please write your five-digit reservation number instead.
If paying with a credit card please visit our Payment Portal site. Select "Hughes Trigg Student Center Reservations", enter the amount at the bottom of your invoice and click "make payment", and input the appropriate information in the following screen. Please note your reservation number is the five digit number located in the subject line of this message, and in the name of the attached PDF.
[Back to Top]
Please contact Dolores Henry Gaut, Meetings and Events Coordinator, at 214-768-4440 or HTSC@smu.edu if you have any questions.