Hughes-Trigg Refreshed and Reimagined
The Hughes-Trigg Student Center is currently undergoing a multi-phase renovation to create a modern, inviting gathering space where students will come together to socialize, study, and be part of the SMU community.
Explore this page for a peek behind the curtain of what's to come with the re-imagined student center.
Phase One: The Varsity and Mane Course
Construction Began: May 20, 2019
Anticipated Completion: Start of 2019-2020 Academic Year
Mane Course Renovations:
- Expansion from Express to full-service Chick-Fil-A
- Addition of Dallas-based restaurant Cinco Taco, featuring made-to-order tacos
- Bank of America ATM relocated to this level
- Top-to-bottom renovation of the Varsity, the lower level dining and hangout space in Hughes-Trigg
- Changes include: new tile, new paint, new furniture, new lighting, and new audio/video equipment
- Addition of an elevated, fully accessible gaming area with two pool tables and shuffleboard
- 8 big screen televisions throughout room
More information will be available soon on Phase 2 of the Hughes-Trigg Renovation. Check back for progress updates!