Hughes-Trigg Refreshed and Reimagined
The Hughes-Trigg Student Center is currently undergoing a multi-phase renovation to create a modern, inviting gathering space where students will come together to socialize, study, and be part of the SMU community. Explore this page to see our progress and for a peek behind the curtain of what's to come with the re-imagined student center.
Phase One: The Varsity and Mane Course
Construction Began: May 20, 2019
Completed: August 19, 2019
Take a 20-second video tour of the new Varsity!
Mane Course Renovations:
- Expansion from Express to full-service Chick-Fil-A
- Addition of Dallas-based restaurant Cinco Taco, featuring made-to-order tacos
- Top-to-bottom renovation of the Varsity, the lower level dining and hangout space in Hughes-Trigg
- Changes include: new tile, new paint, new furniture, new lighting, and new audio/video equipment
- Addition of an elevated, fully accessible gaming area with two pool tables and shuffleboard
- 8 big screen televisions throughout room
Phase Two: Information Coming Soon!
Construction Begins: Spring 2020
Estimated Completion: TBD