SMU is an approved proctoring site for the administration of academic and professional certification exams for local, national and international institutions. We are certified by the National College Testing Association and the Consortium of College Testing Centers and provide a comfortable and secure testing environment for both Internet-based and paper/pencil exams.
Proctoring Guidelines - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Examinees are responsible for securing proctor approvals and arranging the submission of exams from their institution to SMU. Proctor request forms required by your institution may be submitted to email@example.com. Please ensure your portion of the form is filled out entirely before sending to SMU for completion and final submission to your institution on your behalf.
- Due to limited capacity, testing appointments should be scheduled as soon as possible, even if exams have not been received at SMU.
- Paper/pencil exams can be submitted by email, fax, regular mail or courier per the contact information below.
- Internet-based exams can be administered as long as software downloads, plug-ins or lock down browsers (i.e., Respondus) are not required.
- Exams with speaking components cannot be administered.
- Computer-based testing is done on testing lab computers. Personal laptops are not allowed.
- We proctor weekdays by appointment between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. All testing ends promptly at 4:00 p.m. each day.
- We charge a $30 proctoring fee for exams up to 3 hours, payable on test day by debit card or credit card. Extended fees apply for longer exams.
- An examinee who “no-shows” an appointment will be charged a $20 fee in addition to the proctoring fee due at the rescheduled appointment.
- A current photo ID is required at the time of testing.
- We do not test students under the age of 14. Examinees age 14 – 16 must have a parent or guardian remain on site during testing, no exceptions.
Thanks for your inquiry and we look forward to assisting you!
Lori Krone, Testing Coordinator
SMU Counseling Services – Dr. Bob Smith Health Center
Physical Address: 6211 Bishop Blvd., #219, Dallas, Texas 75205
Mailing Address: PO Box 750195, Dallas, Texas 75275