After Hours Support and Medical Care
Students needing medical advice call 214-768-2141, option 2, to reach a nurse on call 24/7.
Students experiencing a mental health crisis call 214-768-2277 to reach a counselor on call 24/7.
For serious medical situations such as a stroke, heart attack, severe bleeding, head injury, or other major trauma, go straight to the nearest EMERGENCY ROOM or call 911. Other critical conditions include severe abdominal pain; sudden dizziness, weakness, or loss of coordination or balance; sudden blurred vision or loss of vision; deep cuts or bleeding that won't stop; and loss of consciousness.
For COVID-19 emergencies such as trouble breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion, inability to wake or stay awake, bluish lips, or face, call 911.
LOCAL URGENT CARE CENTERS
- Sinai Urgent Care 3414 Milton Ave, Dallas, TX 469-522-3995* (Sinai Urgent Care is located in Snider Plaza, in walking distance from campus.)
- City Doc (Inwood Village) 5301 W. Lovers Lane, STE. 109 Dallas, TX 214-352-7800*
- PrimaCare 6350 Mockingbird Ln, Dallas, TX 214-828-0448*
- CareNow Urgent Care 4844 Greenville Ave, Dallas, TX 214-295-9410*
- CareNow Urgent Care 4617 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 469-804-9289*
*NOTE: Urgent Care Centers with an asterisk are covered by the SMU student insurance and have COVID-19 testing available.
LOCAL EMERGENCY ROOMS
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas: 8200 Walnut Hill Ln., Dallas, TX 214-345-6789, Emergency 214-345-7885*
- Trusted ER: 6215 Hillcrest Ave, Dallas, TX 469-868-6322
- Baylor Hospital: 3500 Gaston Ave, Dallas, TX 214-820-0111, Emergency 214-820-2501*
- Lakewood Emergency: 6101 E Mockingbird Ln, Dallas, TX 469-414-3552
- Baylor Scott and White Hospital-White Rock: 9440 Poppy Dr. Dallas, TX 214-324-6100, Emergency 214-324-6111*
- Medical City Hospital: 7777 Forest Ln., Dallas, TX 972-566-7000, Emergency 972-566-7200*
- Parkland Hospital (County): 5200 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 214-590-8000*
- UT Southwestern Clements Hospital: 6201 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 214-633-4700*
- Methodist Dallas Medical Center: 1441 N. Beckley Ave. Dallas, TX. 214-947-8181*
*NOTE: Hospitals with an asterisk are covered by the SMU student insurance.