CDAs are highly motivated, dependable, and personable students who engage in personal career development while working to engage the larger student body with the Hegi Family Career Center. CDAs make an impact by providing peer mentorship, serving as role-models of career development, creating student / employer networking opportunities, and educating students about the resources available for their career success. CDA events, panels, and services engage the SMU community with Hegi, strengthening communication and interaction between Hegi and the student body.
Top 5 reasons YOU want to be a Career Development Ambassador:
- Connect with employers before anyone else
- Enhance your leadership skills
- Get a jump start on college internships and full-time jobs
- Develop relationships with Hegi Career Center Staff
- Become an expert in resume building, networking, and interviewing skills