RESERVATIONS WILL ACCEPTED ON THE FOLLOWING TIMELINE:
Fall semester reservations will be accepted beginning on July 1st.
Spring semester reservations will be accepted beginning November 1st. Summer reservations will be accepted beginning April 1st.
Recurring reservations will be made for a maximum of one full semester.
RESERVATION RULES AND GUIDELINES:
Facility Use Requests must meet and abide by University Policy 6.4: Use of Facilities by University and Non-University Individuals and Organizations.
The submission of this form is only a request for space. A confirmation of your request is not an approval of request. You will be contacted via e-mail with a confirmation of the reservation. Bring the confirmation with you at time of reservation.
Only representatives of SMU Student Chartered Organizations can reserve non-activity spaces (classrooms, studios, conference room) if the activity they are hosting is for SMU Students.
Room requests must be made at least 5 business days in advance. Any room availability past that point is on a first come/first serve basis and subject to availability.
Activity spaces (courts, studios, mat room, sand volleyball, Falls, etc.) will be limited to 3 hour durations. Greater than 3 hours should be considered a Special Event and require a completed Event Packet.
A student organization will be restricted to one reservation for a single space on a daily basis unless designated as a Special Event.
All reservations will end 30 minutes prior to building closure. See Building Hours.
Before completing this form, please read through the Criteria for Special Events for what constitutes a "special event" versus a "reservation" and proceed accordingly.
Please note that food is not permitted inside the Dedman Center for Lifetime Sports. The serving of food inside the Dedman Center is a criteria for a Special Event.
Classroom reservations do not include audio/visual and studio reservations do not include stereo.
All spaces should be returned to original condition upon departure and all trash removed.
Organization, department, and/or individual requester will be held responsible for charges related to damage, repairs, or additional cleaning deemed to have been the reservation’s use. Please contact the Events and Reservations at email@example.com for more information.
Please report any reservation changes or cancellations to Events and Reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Cancel and Event Name and Date).
TO REQUEST A ROOM RESERVATION, PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS LISTED BELOW
- Click "http://schedule.smu.edu" or type in your URL address box
- Click on the "Login" and enter your SMU Credentials
- The daily calendar for the University will be displayed.
- In the right hand corner, select the green box labeled "Request Event."
- Enter the title of your event in the top box. Click on the drop down arrow under "Select an EventRequest Form" and choose "Dedman Center Events Request Form," and click "next."
- Fill in the blanks for your name, SMU ID, email, contact phone, department, and title of event including the student group name.
- Under Meeting Information, enter the Event Name to include the organization or department.
- Select a Meeting Type from the drop down menu that best describes your reservation.
- Enter another brief description and max attendance number.
NOTE: Dedman Center is regulated by fire code restrictions on room capacity. Your expected attendance will determine what space is available to reserve
10. Move to the Meeting Recurrence portion of the form. This function is very similar to Outlook and Google Calendars (See image below)
a. For a Single reservation, select the time and the date.
b. For regularly reoccurring meetings such as once a week or twice a week, select the
Recurring tab and complete the time, the pattern and the date range (see Timeline above).
c. For irregular reoccurring meetings by day or time such as Tuesday at 4pm this week and
Friday at 7 pm next week, continue to use the Single Meeting tab but create a reservation for each day.
d. Select Create
11. Your selected reservation time and dates will move to the Meetings portion and now you MUST assign a room to complete your reservation.
NOTE: If your desired space is designated as Unavailable, it is reserved. If your desired space does not appear, it is not available for reservation or your capacity is too large for the space.
12. Don’t forget to save it when you are finished and we can process your request.
NOTE: Requesting a Space from the Drop Down menu does not ensure this space will be available. It provides Dedman Center Reservations with an idea of the space you desire.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact email@example.com