Stampede of Service
Saturday, November 12, 2016
10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Register today by filling out the Volunteer Registration Form. We are partnering with SMU Fraternity and Sorority Life and the following Dallas non-profit organizations to host this year's Stampede of Service:
- Dallas Afterschool - sort, assemble and complete STEM curriculum kits and participate in hands on team builders
- Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity - assist in operations and customer interaction in various ReStores in Dallas
- Dolphin Heights Community Garden - rake leaves, plant and create sitting designs out of limestone for community garden
- The Family Place - assist in restock and assortment of items
- Heart House - tutor, mentor and facilitate fun, creative Thanksgiving crafts with younger students
- LIFT - assist in resume writing, job interview preparation and mentorship
- Mt. Auburn Elementary - create an outdoor classroom for students by installing seating areas, signage and basic elements of the classroom
- We Over Me Farm - harvest and weed fall crops, plant winter crops and prepare for season change in garden
Please note: In accordance with the SMU Risk Management Policy, ALL student participants are required to use the transportation provided. E-mail Rashad Givhan at email@example.com with additional questions.