Advanced Placement Program* Summer Institute
AP* French Language & Culture, July 29 - Aug. 1, 2013
Lead Consultant: François Wolman
What to Bring
- Flash drive
- A copy of his/her AP* French syllabus
Topics and activities:
- Familiarize participants with the content and the different components of the AP* test: listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Share materials and strategies that will assist the participants and help their students succeed at the AP* test
- Present samples of the AP* tests and the grading system for each part, including all recent changes in the test format and its grading
- Provide the participants with time and opportunity for collegial interaction and exchange of successful strategies
- Provide the participants with ideas, techniques and strategies that will enhance their curriculum leading to the AP* level
- Incorporate the use of technology (French computer software) in the AP* curriculum in order to enhance the learning of all components for the AP* test
About François Wolman
François Wolman is a native of Paris, France. After immigrating to California, François attended the University of Oregon and Cal State University at Northridge where he received his B.A. in French. He attended UCLA.to obtain his teaching credential, then Pepperdine University in Malibu, where he graduated with a M.A. in Psychology. During the last 30 years, François has been teaching High School French. He has taught, French, Health and E.S.L. for the Alhambra City School District and all levels of French, including AP* Language and Literature at Beverly Hills High School. Since 1990, he has been teaching all levels of French at Canyon High School in Santa Clarita, CA as well as AP* Psychology. In 1996, François started serving as an AP* reader for the College Board and now serves as a table leader. He has been presenting AP* French Language workshops for the past 12 years. He served as a member of the SAT II French Language test development committee from 1999-2005. He is also a member of AATF. Besides his teaching responsibilities at Canyon High School, François is the Head Cross Country and Track and Field coach at Los Angeles Valley College and has taught French 01, 02, 03,04, 08, 10 courses and French 002 at Los Angeles Pierce College.
You can e-mail François at email@example.com
2012 Participant Testimonials
"The presentation was wonderful. I learned so much that I can apply immediately to my teaching strategy. Our presenter was helpful every step of the way."
"I got so much from this institute...I left each day feeling enthusiastic and much more confident about the changes in the AP* French course and exam."
"François was always engaging and energetic. He is very knowledgeable but also wanted (fostered) teacher participation and sharing."
"Thank you for diminishing our fears of the new test! The workshop was more valuable than I expected."
* Advanced Placement Program and AP are registered trademarks of the College Board and have been used with permission.