Advanced Placement* Summer Institute
Southern Methodist University, in cooperation with The College Board, is pleased to offer an Advanced Placement Program* Summer Institute in 2016 (held at the SMU-in-Plano campus). New and experienced AP* and Pre-AP* teachers spend four days exploring the latest methods and curriculum topics in Advanced Placement Program* education. Participants conclude their Institute experience at SMU renewed in their enthusiasm for the AP Program* and equipped with new ideas and resource materials to use in their classrooms.
The Instruction You Need
All of SMU's AP* Summer Institute workshops are taught by College Board endorsed master teachers. The caliber of our faculty is second to none. We offer you hands-on instruction from lead consultants with accolades like these:
- Siemens Award for Advanced Placement*
- Who's Who in the World; Whos Who Among American Teachers
- Ross Perot Excellence in Teaching Award
- Goethe Institut Trans-Atlantic Outreach Program selection
- College Boards Advanced Placement* Special Recognition Award
- Distinguished Teaching Achievement Award from the National Council of Geographic Education
- World Affairs Council Houstons International Educator of the Year
- Authors, grant recipients, table leaders, test development committee members, international presenters and educators with hundreds of years of combined experience in front of classes like yours.
Many courses are supplemented by special lectures delivered by guest speakers from the SMU faculty and public and private secondary institutions.
The Location You Want
All classes are held at SMU-in-Plano, a university satellite facility located in Plano, a northern suburb of Dallas. The facility boasts modern classroom amenities and close proximity to Plano restaurants, hotels, sporting arenas and shopping districts. Dallas, located a short drive away, is a center of finance and technology and is rich in the cultural arts of music, theater, film, and dance.
* Advanced Placement Program and AP are registered trademarks of the College Board and have been used with permission.