Registration is open. Click here for more information.
Friday, March 31, 2017
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Southern Methodist University
Harold Clark Simmons Hall
6401 Airline Road, Dallas, TX 75205
Breakfast & lunch provided
The Beginning Teachers Institute is designed for current elementary, middle, and high school teachers who have less than three years of experience in all content-specific disciplines. Teachers will have an opportunity to participate in candid conversations with faculty from the SMU Simmons School's Department of Teaching and Learning. The institute will offer practice advice for:
- Actively engaging students
- Supporting students who struggle
- Serving students experiencing homelessness
- Building a foundation for cooperation in the classroom
- Bee-Bots and technology in the classroom
- What’s the right way to teach writing?
- Maximizing your leadership potential
- Number talks--Expanding what it means to understand mathematics
- Engaging English Language Learners
- Supporting bilingual learners
- Bringing new dimensions to learning with free augmented reality apps
- Can we talk about that in here? Leading productive conversations about politics and difference in the public school classroom
Session registration will occur on the day of the event, and we will provide CPE credit forms at the end of the day. Registration will begin promptly at 8 a.m.