Thank you for your interest in The Beginning Teachers Institute.
Registration is closed. Please check out other events on our website.
Friday, April 8, 2016
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Harold Clark Simmons Hall
6401 Airline Road
Breakfast & lunch provided
All K-12 DFW area teachers who are in their first three years of their teaching practice are invited to join us for this day of professional enrichment with SMU Simmons School of Education’s faculty. The event is full and registration is now closed. The Beginning Teachers Institute is designed for current elementary, middle, and high school teachers less than three years of experience in all content-specific disciplines. Teachers will have an opportunity to participate in candid conversations with faculty from the SMU Simmons School's Department of Teaching and Learning. The institute will offer practice advice for:
- Actively engaging students
- Supporting students who struggle
- Building a foundation for cooperation in the classroom
- Utilizing technology
- Expanding what it means to understand mathematics
- Engaging English Language Learners
- Supporting bilingual learners
- Promoting a mindset for achievement
- Effective use of assessment
- Professional leadership development
- Positive behavior supports
- Promoting and supporting literacy
- Differentiated classroom instruction
Session registration will occur on the day of the event. Registration will begin promptly at 8 a.m.