Preferential deadline for graduate assistantships and departmental scholarships is January 31, 2014. Final application deadline is May 1, 2014.
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution & Official Transcript
2. A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and
3. Scores from the verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), taken within the last five years. To ensure that we receive your GRE scores, please use the institution code 7464 for the ACSSEHD.
For the GRE taken prior to August 1, 2011 Preferred scores are 500 or higher for Quantitative Reasoning, 500 or higher for Verbal Reasoning, and 4.5 or higher for Analytical Writing.
For the GRE taken after August 1, 2011 Preferred scores are 151 or higher for Quantitative Reasoning, 151 or higher for Verbal Reasoning, and 4.0 or higher for Analytical Writing.
4. Essay writing sample
5. Personal Statement
6. Applicants from countries where the predominant language is not English
are required to supply scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by the Educational Testing Service. The minimum score for admission is an 83 on the internet-based test.
7. Three letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references