Effective Fall 2014, tuition for classes in the Master's Degree program is $2,556 per 3-credit hour class ($852 per credit hour).
Financial aid is available to students in the Master of Science program. Students applying for Federal Student Loans must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by going to www.FAFSA.gov
. It is important that you refer to the links More Information about Financial Aid
and Graduate Award Notice Information
for details about applying for and accepting financial aid, including recommended deadlines.
All federal financial aid, including student loans, is managed by the Division of Enrollment Services Graduate Financial Aid Office which is located on the main campus. General financial aid questions should be directed to the Division of Enrollment Services by calling 214-768-3417 or through email at email@example.com.
You may also contact one of the graduate financial aid advising staff directly by calling 214-768-3348 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Graduate Financial Aid on twitter for financial aid status update and program announcements: @smu_gradfinaid.
It is also a good idea to check with the Human Resources Department at your Employer. Companies frequently provide tuition assistance for graduate programs that enhance the skills of their employees.
More Information about Financial Aid
Financial Aid Bulletin
Because we are part of the Simmons School of Education and Human Development, full time teachers in accredited K-12 classes are eligible to receive a one-third reduction of the tuition. Admitted students will be provided a form to submit for proof of employment.
Stellar Scholar Award
Fall term applicants are invited to apply for our Stellar Scholar Award. This merit-based scholarship is offered Fall Term of each academic year to one incoming scholar. The scholarship covers 50% of tuition for eight consecutive terms (excluding summer) for two years. Applicants for the scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Psychology, Behavioral Science, Human Development or Family Studies major
- GPA of 3.6 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Recent graduate (18 months or less since conferral)
- Willingness and ability to take two classes per term for the duration of the program, Fall through May terms.
- Take the GRE and submit scores to the SMU Department of Counseling. Fax your scores to our Department Office at 972.473.3425.
- Complete the online application here. The application requires submission of a 3-page essay and three recommendations. See the application for additional details.
- Application deadline for Fall 2015 is April 27, 2015. All scholarship applications and supporting materials must be received by this date.