Our admissions for the cohort starting Summer 2021 is now complete. Our application will open August 1, 2021 for our next cohort starting in Summer 2022. Below is admissions information from this past year in case you’d like to review in advance; please note that some of this information may be updated prior to August, so please check back.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale). Applicants not meeting this requirement must provide GRE scores (see below), as well as other qualifications, such as long-term experience or expertise in a related specialized field as justification for consideration for admission
- For applicants with a GPA below 2.5: Scores from the verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), taken within the last five years. To ensure that we receive your GRE scores, please use the institution code 6660. For the GRE taken after August 1, 2011: Preferred scores are 144 or higher for Quantitative Reasoning, 153 or higher for Verbal Reasoning, and 4.5 or higher for Analytical Writing
- Copy of valid Texas teacher certification
- Copy of service record reflecting two years teaching experience in an accredited public, private or charter school
- Applicants with a degree from countries where the predominant language is not English are required to supply scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by the Educational Testing Service. The minimum scores for admission speaking 24, listening & reading 22, and writing 21
- Recommendations and evidence of a high degree of support from the school of employment, including a commitment on the part of the applicant's principal (or an equivalent supervisor) to serve as a mentor for internship activities
- Evidence of leadership capacity and demonstration of leadership role in the applicant's school
- The application includes essays, recommendations, and an interview with the Admissions Committee
- Official Transcripts of all graduate and undergraduate transcripts where a degree has been conferred
Electronic transcripts should be sent to:
Paper transcripts should be sent to:
Graduate Application Processing
PO Box 518
Dallas, TX 75275-0518
While applicants may request consideration for transfer of up to six hours of graduate credit, please note that this is a cohort program with a tightly structured and integrated design, and it is not likely that courses will be accepted for transfer.
- When does the program begin? The program begins in June of each year.
- How do I apply? The Department of Education Policy and Leadership has an online application. The application fee is $40, and a schedule of courses is available for review on the Curriculum & Modules webpage.
Application Deadlines for the Summer 2022-2023 Cohort
|Applications for 2022-2023 will open||August 1, 2021|
|Priority Admissions Deadline||January 1, 2022|
|Scholarship Application Deadline||March 1, 2022|
|Students notified by||TBD|
|Final Admissions Deadline||April 15, 2022|
|Students notified by||May 15, 2022|