To qualify for the Superintendent certification you must:
- must hold a master's degree from a university that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- U.S. Department of Education Database for Accredited Colleges and Universities
- hold a Principal certificate or the equivalent issued by the TEA, another state or country or,
- completed the superintendent certificate application (PDF, 353 KB) and been approved by the TEA to substitute managerial experience in lieu of a principal certificate
- successfully complete an approved superintendent educator preparation program
- successfully complete and pass the EPL 7371 Superintendent Internship sequence of courses and fieldwork
- successfully complete the required exam
- Registration for the exam http://www.tx.nesinc.com/PageView.aspx?f=GEN_Register.html
- Test details (appointment availability, length of test, fee, etc) http://www.tx.nesinc.com/TestView.aspx?f=HTML_FRAG/TX195_TestPage.html
Obtaining the Standard Certification:
- An application for certification does not occur automatically when your scores are received by TEA. To apply for certification, you must go to the TEA website and follow the application for certification instructions. Attached are instructions to access this information.
- You will need a current TEA account. If you have been certified for a while you may need to create a new account in the TEAL system.
- You will find the application under the Applications menu on the left hand side, select Standard Certificate Texas Program to open the application.
- If you have passed and applied for the certification by graduation you do not need to email me; however,If you have not passed the exam and/or applied for the certification by graduation you will need to email me once you have completed these steps as I will not otherwise receive notice of your actions.