SMU’s location near the heart of Dallas, a thriving center of commerce and culture, offers students many opportunities and experiences on campus and beyond. Relationships with the Dallas-Ft. Worth region provide a platform for launching careers both throughout the United States and globally.
SMU’s location in DFW adds to the quality of the SMU student experience.
- Dallas has one of the most diverse economies in the nation
- Dallas ranks third among cities with Fortune 500 headquarters
- Downtown boasts the largest urban cultural district in the nation
- White Rock Lake, just a few miles form campus, and the Katy Trail, adjacent to campus, offer opportunities for outdoor activities and exercise.
- Some of the country’s best shopping, dining, and entertainment is located in the culturally diverse Dallas
- Abundant sunshine and warm weather make Dallas a year-round outdoor city.
Get to Know DFW Better
Learn more about your future home.
- Live Large. Think Big. - This website is put together by the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau. See what highlights some of the experts on Dallas think you should visit while you are here. Visitdallas.com
- I Live In Dallas - While it is good to see what Dallas is advertising to the rest of the world, it is also exciting to find those hidden secrets of the city that only those who live here could have uncovered. Check out iliveindallas.com to see what those who love living in Dallas recommend.
- Fifty Free Things - Everyone loves something for free, why not have fifty. Check out tourtexas.com to find fifty free things you can do in Dallas.
- Transportation - The Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) is a great way to get around the city and visit all of these exciting places and events. For more information about DART visit their website at Dart.org. Discount student passes are available through the Park 'n' Pony office.
- West Village- Located less than 3 miles from Campus in the center of one of Dallas' most dynamic neighborhood - Uptown, West Village is often referred to as, "UPTOWN'S DOWNTOWN” Dallas' most walkable shopping, dining and residential district." Learn more about what West Village has to offer Westvillagedallas.com.