Responsible Parties must submit a Financial Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form upon proposal of every externally funded Research project. In addition, the FCOI Disclosure process must be completed every year during the duration of an externally funded Research project. Disclosure notifications and reminders will occur in several ways:
- Grant Management Specialists will request FCOI Disclosures during the Proposal development process
- PIs / PDs will certify that they have completed the disclosures when they sign a Proposal Initiation and Approval Form (PIAF)
- Research Compliance will send a reminder email if disclosures is not complete upon proposal of externally funded Research
- PIs / PDs will certify that they have completed disclosures when they sign an Award Authorization and Approval Form (AAAF)
- Research Compliance will send a reminder email if disclosures are not complete upon awarding of Funding
The FCOI Disclosure process asks Responsible Parties to divulge any Significant Financial Interest they, or a member of their Immediate Family, may have in a Funding entity, Pass-Through Entity, or other entity involved in a Research project. Responsible Parties will also be asked to certify that they have read and understand the relevant policy.
FCOI Disclosure Form
Please note that awarded Funding, including new and incremental Funding, will NOT be set up until the FCOI Disclosure has been completed by the project PI / PD and all Co-PIs.