The Office of Research and Graduate Studies (ORGS) provides contract management and administrative services for SMU faculty and research staff. Our office is responsible for officially accepting grant and contract awards for Sponsored Projects. We negotiate all research contracts directly with agencies and external entities. Principal Investigators (PI) and department staff are advised by our staff in the interpretation of terms and conditions to reduce risk to SMU, the PI, and their research ventures.
Our office is responsible for the following administrative functions:
- Acceptance of a wide variety of complex Federal and Industry grants, contracts, and subcontracts that support SMU sponsored projects.
- Preparation and issuance of subawards to external entities and institutions under SMU sponsored project awards
- Review and negotiation of Federal and Industry grant and contract Terms and Conditions.
- Industry Sponsored Research Agreements
- License Agreements
- Intellectual Property/ Proprietary Agreements
- Material Transfer Agreements (MTA)
- Subcontract Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA)
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
Other Transactional Agreements
- Consultant Agreements
- Contracted Services Agreements
- Interagency Agreements
- Data Share Agreements
- Equipment Loan Agreements
- Facilities Use Agreements
Initiation of Industry and Other Transactional Agreements
Please complete the Contract Intake Form and return via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. After we review the form, you will be contacted directly if any additional information is needed.
| Director of Contracts and Technology Management
| Contract Management Specialist