This SMU-chartered student organization is just for students with ADHD or learning differences. This informal group meets monthly to provide support to each other, learn tips and strategies, plan fun events, and work as an educating agent on campus on the topic of learning differences.
We are always looking for new student leaders. Please contact the SNL Advisor - David Tylicki at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE for info on the next monthly SNL meeting! Our next meeting will be in mid-September, exact date to-be-determined.
Past Events and Programs
- The Extra Mile Award: Since 2008, Students for New Learning has chosen over 20 deserving faculty members from across campus to receive The Extra Mile Award, recognizing their excellent teaching of those who learn differently. Funding and support for this award are provided by the President’s Commission on the Needs of Persons with Disabilities, reflecting how much SMU values faculty sensitivity to students with learning differences. Congratulations to the 2019 honorees:
- Ira Greenberg (Painting, Drawing, and Creative Computation)
- Megan Murphy (APSM)
- Ross Sloan (DISC/English)
- Guest speaker Tiffany Sunday, internationally known author and lecturer, led a discussion on digital technology, entrepreneurship, creativity, and dyslexia. Read more about it in this issue of AccessAbility.
- Allies for Inclusion: The Ability Exhibit
- LD/ADHD in the Workplace: Panel Discussion
- Peer mentoring panel at The Winston School
- Produced video: "Learning Disabilities in College: A Student Perspective"
- Low Ropes Course