Each workshop lasts 45-60 minutes (unless otherwise noted), including instruction and take-home information to help put new techniques to work. Reservations are required, and students can register up until the beginning of each workshop.
In-person workshops are held in the Altshuler Learning Enhancement Center (A-LEC), and online workshops are held through Zoom, a video conferencing system. If you have not logged into Zoom before, please do so here before joining one of our online workshops.
For some quick tips, check out our 1-minute workshop series.
If you are unable to attend a workshop, schedule an appointment with a learning specialist for all topics excluding Adobe, Excel and Microsoft Office. SMU students are welcome to email email@example.com for recordings of past Zoom workshops in the last 30 days.
Workshop Schedule by Date:
|Transfer Students: Your Transition to SMU||Mon, August 23||5:00 PM||Zoom|
|Time Management||Tues, August 24||3:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|Time Management||Wed, August 25||3:00 PM||Zoom|
|Transfer Students: Your Transition to SMU||Thurs, August 26||1:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|Transfer Students: Your Transition to SMU||Thurs, August 26||4:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|Time Management||Sun, August 29||6:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|Time Management||Mon, August 30||5:00 PM||Zoom|
|Note-Taking & Organization||Tues, August 31||3:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|How to Study||Wed, September 1||3:00 PM||Zoom|
|Microsoft Office Info Session & Deep Dive||Wed, September 8||4:30 PM||Zoom|
|Time Management||Thurs, September 9||4:00 PM||Zoom|
|Note-Taking & Organization||Mon, September 13||3:00 PM||Zoom|
|Concentration & Textbook Reading||Tues, September 14||4:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|Test Preparation||Wed, September 15||4:00 PM||Zoom|
|Note-Taking & Organization||Thurs, September 16||5:00 PM||Zoom|
|Apps for Academic Success||Sun, September 19||6:00 PM||Zoom|
|Time Management||Mon, September 20||2:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|Test Preparation||Tues, September 21||3:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|Stress Management||Wed, September 22||2:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|Excel: Basics||Thurs, September 23||3:00 PM||Zoom|
|Excel: Intermediate||Thurs, September 23||4:00 PM||Zoom|
|Interdependence & Emotional Intelligence||Sun, September 26||5:00 PM||Zoom|
|Memorization Strategies||Mon, September 27||4:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|How to Study||Tues, September 28||5:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|Test Preparation||Mon, October 4||2:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|Concentration & Textbook Reading||Wed, October 6||5:00 PM||Zoom|
|Time Management||Thurs, October 14||3:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|Motivation & Goal Setting||Sun, October 17||5:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|Creating Presentations in Adobe Spark||Mon, October 18||3:00 PM||Zoom|
|Stress Management & Test Anxiety||Tues, October 19||4:00 PM||Zoom|
|Test Preparation||Sun, October 24||6:00 PM||Zoom|
|Time Management||Tues, October 26||5:00 PM||Zoom|
|Apps for Academic Success||Wed, October 27||5:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|Memorization Strategies||Thurs, October 28||4:00 PM||Zoom|
|Stress Management & Test Anxiety||Mon, November 1||3:00 PM||Zoom|
|Plan a Successful Finish: The Last Month||Thurs, November 4||4:00 PM||Zoom|
|Plan a Successful Finish: The Last Month||Sun, November 7||5:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|Plan a Successful Finish: The Last Month||Mon, November 8||3:00 PM||Zoom|
|Plan a Successful Finish: The Last Month||Wed, November 10||4:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|Prepare for Finals: The Last Week||Mon, November 29||4:00 PM||A-LEC 202N|
|Prepare for Finals: The Last Week||Tues, November 30||2:00 PM||Zoom|
In order to participate in the virtual workshops, please abide by the following policies.
- Meeting. We will use the meeting feature via Zoom, and you must sign in to Zoom in order to access the workshop. We will admit attendees no more than 5 minutes prior to the start of the workshop. Please arrive on time.
- Display name. Please make sure your first and last name are listed in your Zoom name display. You are welcome to include your pronouns of preference in your display name, as you are comfortable doing so.
- Video & Background. If possible, cameras should be turned on with faces clearly in view. This helps all of us to see one another and provide nonverbal cues for communication and understanding!
- Audio. Please mute your microphone when you are not talking. It helps eliminate background noise, which can be distracting. Using headphones or a headset is strongly encouraged, but not required.
- Chat. Please feel free to include questions or comments in the chat or the Q&A feature, and the facilitator will do their absolute best to address them!
- Removal from Workshop. If your display name, video, background or audio is derogatory, you will be removed from the workshop without the possibility to return. If you believe you have been removed from the workshop unjustifiably, please email the workshop facilitator immediately.. If there is a technological error, we will do our absolute best to ensure you can re-enter the workshop.
**Special thanks to Dr. Dominique J. Baker and Dr. Sondra Barringer for the adaptation of these technology policies**