Dedman School of Law- Program Profile
Tsai Center for Law, Science and Innovation
3-4 talks per semester
Presentations and discussions at the SMU Dedman School of Law by professors, judges, and attorneys on topics at the intersection of law, science, and innovation. Read more...
Intellectual Property SymposiumCurrent (Feb 26, 2021)
Series of different topics and speakers, usually one of which should always interest entrepreneurs
Small Business and Trademark Clinic
The Small Business and Trademark Clinic operates as a law firm, providing law students with practical skills and training, while assisting small businesses and non-profit organizations with various legal matters that these entities and individuals face. Read more...
- Start-up services for non-profit organizations, including assisting in applying for tax-exempt status
- Start-up services for small for-profit businesses, including counseling on organizational structure and operations
- Preparation of various documents used in the formation of new businesses
- Negotiation and drafting of legal contracts and documents used by small businesses and non-profit organizations
- Legal advice regarding the implications and use of various contracts, leases and other documents
- Review of contracts presented to small businesses and non-profit organizations by third parties Preparation of Copyright and Trademark applications
Patent Law Clinic
The clinic will offer services for small start-up companies and individuals, as well as provide essential skills training for law students. The USPTO chose SMU because of its curriculum, pro bono service to the public, and community networking and outreach. Read more...
W. Keith Robinson, Co-Director, Tsai Center
David Taylor, Co-Director, Tsai Center
Greg Crespi, Professor of Commercial and Insurance Law