Engaged Learning Fellowship
ELF Spotlight: Kaytlyn Bunting '24, Anna Butcher '23, and Piper Haley '23
What is the ELF?
Engaged Learning Fellowships (ELF) allow undergraduate students to design and pursue capstone-level projects in research, service, and creative activity.
- up to $2500 to fund their project
- project listed on transcript and commencement booklet
- multiple opportunities to share their work with the public
- support from faculty mentors and Office of Engaged Learning staff
- opportunity to fulfill CC Proficiencies
Who are the ELFs?
Our Fellows are SMU undergraduate students who are pursuing all types of projects, from short films to biochemistry experiments.
Apply to the ELF
Applications are reviewed during the following time periods. Applications received after these deadlines will be considered for the following cycle.
- Fall Decision Deadline: SEP 15*
- Early Decision Deadline: DEC 15
- Regular Decision Deadline: FEB 15
*For seniors graduating in May, September 15th is your final deadline.
ELFs are selected by a review committee of SMU faculty and staff. Fellows and their faculty mentors are notified approximately one month after the deadline. See How to Apply for further guidelines.